On Thursday, the tour operator responsible for The Millennium Tour, G Squared Events, decided to temporarily withdraw Soulja Boy from the tour, following the fatal shooting of Young Dolph.
Posted on Instagram, they wrote, “In response to the tragic murder of rapper Young Dolph, promoter of the 2021 Millennium Tour, G-Squared Events, has decided that rapper Soulja Boy will not perform during this weekend’s tour layover in St. Louis, Missouri, and Memphis, Tennessee. “.
“To keep our 2021 Millennium Tour performers and goers safe, tour representatives are vigilant and want to make an intelligent decision to be safe,” the statement continued. “The safety and well-being of our patrons is the number one and most important priority.” A representative from G-Squared Events said. We pride ourselves on providing high quality party experiences. For our customers. In times like these, we will stop at nothing to make sure that everyone who participates in these experiences is healthy, safe and frankly having a good time.”
Soulja Boy walked up to TSR and said, “I’m still getting paid. What does his death have to do with me? I’m trying to see my fans?”
This comes after the rapper had a few things to say about Dolph. Last week, Dolph wrote on his IG stories that he was paid $100,000 for his performances and confirmed that he is a freelance artist.
Soulja Boy responded, “That’s crazy because he signed a record mom deal and everything he has is ‘I’m independent.'” And he kept saying, ‘N***a Have you lied I’ve signed to Empire,'” Solja stated on Instagram that he’s living.
Soulja Boy also released a single called Stretch Some, which received backlash. Many expressed that the song was insensitive considering that Dolph had just been killed.
Rooms, what do you think of this?